The qualities of a glass bottle's body
Every glass container industry expert knows they can't afford to get the mould wrong. If there is a single fault, it will be enough to ruin the whole product. Fortunately, we have a solution. We can offer a bespoke mould reamer and different gauges so you can get everything right. From here, you can be confident the bottle will be sound.
It is important for you to comprehend the architecture of a glass bottle as well as other details. Doing so will enable you to choose the correct designs for your needs. To give you a helping hand, we are going to discuss the characteristics of the bottle's body.
The glass bottle's body has a number of significant qualities. These play a part in deciding what the ideal one is for each use. The capacity of the bottle and the body's shape are particularly essential. They are also the most common selection features. Round bottles are able to reduce hand fatigue and improve comfort whilst dispensing. Rectangular and square ones are perfect for permitting maximum storage.
This is the room within a container for a specific amount of a product. The packaging industry tends to make use of standard sizes. They are normally in ounces, drams, ml or cc. When people fill to the limit, the contents usually load the receptacle to its shoulder section.
Overflow capacity is the total amount of product a bottle can hold if you fill to the brim. Headspace is the section above the contents and underneath the neck opening. It is also possible for headspace to be a consideration if the contents must endure any pressure shifts.
At Penico Gauges, we design our tools so that they are easy to read and use. The gauges come with a "go" and "no go" profile. As a result you will know when the size is correct. We can offer a mould reamer with different teeth to suit the material your mould is made from.
If you want to find out more about our goods, feel free to get in touch anytime.
View All Blogs
- Reamers are a cost effective way of obtaining accurate holes
- The major types of glass used to create bottles
- The IS machine is a highly adaptable piece of equipment
- Glass containers save money and make tasks easier
- Situations where you should use glass containers
- Interesting info about glass container production
- Why do people prefer reaming to boring?
- The qualities of a glass bottle's body
- The importance of a glass bottle's neckring
- Spikes and bent neck - possible defects when making glass containers