The IS machine is a highly adaptable piece of equipment
We are a company that dedicates a lot of time to creating the highest quality blank mould gauges. As the years have gone by, we have built a reputation for excellence in this area. As a result, it ensures our team is the number one choice for clients. If you allow us to show you what we are capable of, you will want to buy from us too.
One of the essential pieces of equipment within the glass container industry is the IS machine. It is a machine that comes with a modular operation. Because of this, it has proven itself to be very adaptable. Additionally, it is possible to use it with various glass forming processes.
In total, there are two elementary principles of formation in mould manufacturing. They are:
Press and Blow
During the initial forming procedure, the manufacturer produces a parison in a blank mould. Some people also refer to parisons as initial glass preforms. When one is ready, they swiftly transfer it to a second finishing mould. Here a physical plunger will push the parison inside the mould. This will create the shape of the container.
Blow and blow
For this option, a manufacturer fabricates the final product and parison via blowing. They do so using compressed air and similar gases. Just like the other technique, the manufacturer moves the parison to the finishing mould. Next, it is blown to obtain the final container shape.
This process is limited to wide mouth containers. These are ones with openings that exceed 35mm. As a result, it is very common for jar manufacturing. In the Blow and Blow operation, final glass shape can be influenced by the blown glass distribution within the parison.
At Penico Gauges, we have an unsurpassed level of expertise. This means we can offer first class services in addition to our standout merchandise. We are a global market leader so you can rely on us to meet your needs.
If you are after our blank mould gauges, be sure to give us a call. We look forward to hearing from you.
View All Blogs
- Reamers are a cost effective way of obtaining accurate holes
- The major types of glass used to create bottles
- The IS machine is a highly adaptable piece of equipment
- Glass containers save money and make tasks easier
- Situations where you should use glass containers
- Interesting info about glass container production
- Why do people prefer reaming to boring?
- The qualities of a glass bottle's body
- The importance of a glass bottle's neckring
- Spikes and bent neck - possible defects when making glass containers