The importance of a glass bottle's neckring
Penico is experts at what we do and have exported mould reamers and neckring profile gauges to over 50 countries. We supply products our customers can rely on to be precise. These tools play a big role when forming glass containers.
The neck finish of a container is arguably the most important part. It will hold the closure with protruding threads which allows you to fill, seal, and empty the contents. You need to make sure it is strong and that the container has a finish that matches the cap.
You must make sure all of the different parts that make up the neck of the bottle are the right specifications. This means that it must be the right shape, surface finish, and correct glass thickness. To do this, you need a precise mould that is completely clean of dirt and debris to create a product that is free of any flaws.
A high-quality neckring finish will depend on several different factors. This includes things like cooling temperature and rate. This is as well as the material the mould is made from. These things will also impact how long you must leave the glass in the mould.
All manufacturers of glass containers must recognise how vital it is to use the right moulds. This, along with precise conditions, helps you create high-quality products.
Expert solutions from Penico
In regards to glass containers, Penico has 30+ years of experience in the industry. We have a great deal of knowledge and therefore understand the problems people can face. This is why we work hard to provide people with expert solutions for their gauging needs.
We can supply you with tools such as neckring profile gauges and more. You can use our website to learn more about our products. Get in touch with our team for enquiries by calling +44 (0) 1274 511 044, emailing email@example.com, or using the contact form on our site.
View All Blogs
- Reamers are a cost effective way of obtaining accurate holes
- The major types of glass used to create bottles
- The IS machine is a highly adaptable piece of equipment
- Glass containers save money and make tasks easier
- Situations where you should use glass containers
- Interesting info about glass container production
- Why do people prefer reaming to boring?
- The qualities of a glass bottle's body
- The importance of a glass bottle's neckring
- Spikes and bent neck - possible defects when making glass containers