Lowering polishing in mould making
The main purpose of a mould reamer is to create a hole but it is not the only use. They are also good if you need to smooth out and deburr any edges you might have. As a result reamers are crucial when someone is creating or repairing moulds. The last thing you want with this kind of casting is faults. We've designed our tools to help you get rid of them.
When referring to the mould making industry, we are speaking about a massive scope of applications. This includes the precision moulds for a wide range of food and drink containers. In this market, moulds vary in terms of radii. As a result users may need a full range of reamers.
Using a reamer is not always straightforward. The process can cause a wide array of issues if done incorrectly. One problem is surface polishing. It can have a huge impact on cast products so users need to be careful with it.
In many cases a mould maker will need to reduce mould polishing. When grinding you need to improve the surface finish to lower the polish. At times, you must get rid of it entirely. The way to do this is roughing the component and then finishing with a finer grit.
An alternative involves pre-hard turning and grinding. With this you can use a turning insert or a boring tool to detach the cavity. Next, you can grind to a smooth finish.
At Penico Gauges, we strive to offer a mould reamer to suit any kind of project. As a result we have products in numerous sizes, ranging from 2" to 7". If requested, we can manufacture special sizes for unique circumstances. In short, we're always here to provide the tools you need.
If you require a reliable reamer that will fit and last, please get in touch. We supply products all around the world and hold the place as the number one in our field.
View All Blogs
- The importance of a glass bottle's neckring
- Spikes and bent neck - possible defects when making glass containers
- Choosing the correct mould steel
- Mould repair welding considerations
- Polishing and texturing can assist with mould welding
- Evaluation and cleaning is essential for mould rebranding
- Glass containers are perfect for high moisture foods
- Glass bottles still have their uses
- The hot end and cold end processes
- The process used to form glass containers